ABOUT THIS CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Call for volunteers for the 7th Annual US-Africa Cultural Expo and Business Matchmaking Conference. This vibrant and culturally rich event would not be possible without the support and dedication of volunteers like you.
The 7th Annual US-Africa Cultural Expo and Business Matchmaking Conference
Thursday, March 14 – Saturday, March 16, 2024
Austin & Houston Texas
Promoting Cultural Exchange And Economic Cooperation Between The United States And Africa
About the Conference:
The 7th Annual US-Africa Cultural Expo and Business Matchmaking Conference is a landmark event that celebrates the diverse cultural heritage of Africa while promoting valuable business connections between the United States and the African continent. It serves as a bridge between cultures and plays a pivotal role in fostering cultural understanding and economic cooperation.
Why Volunteer with Us:
- Contribute to a Meaningful Event: Be part of a conference that promotes cultural exchange, economic growth, and international collaboration.
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with fellow volunteers, industry professionals, and attendees, expanding your network.
- Gain Experience: Acquire valuable experience in event management, logistics, and cultural diplomacy.
- Cultural Enrichment: Immerse yourself in the vibrant cultures of Africa and the United States through music, dance, art, and more.
- Community Engagement: Contribute to your community by helping organize a significant and enriching event.
Our Needs Include
We invite volunteers to join us in various roles, including but not limited to:
- Strategic counsel and marketing plan development
- Message development and marking coordination
- Event planning and execution
- Sponsorships and speaking opportunities
- Multimedia presentations
Key Volunteer Opportunities & Responsibilities:
- Event Planning and Budgeting – managing a detailed timeline and budget
- Sponsorships and speaking opportunities – planning and executing sponsorship activation components,
- Site Selection – venue selection and coordination
- Supplier Management – liaising with event vendors such as AV, catering, transport, staging, photographers
- Speaker Management – ensure all speakers are prepared and at the event site on time.
- Donations – ensuring all funds raised are accounted for, and receipts are issued.
- Event Registration – pre- and day of coordination of all event registration requirements
- Onsite Event Execution – set-up, vendor supervision, attendees
- Attendee Evaluation – capturing onsite and post-event feedback
- Post-Event Analysis – deliver a post-event report detailing achievements and providing recommendations for future events.
- Workshop and Session Facilitators – enable people to learn.
- Hospitality and Guest Services – making guests feel welcome and comfortable
- Logistics and Operations Support – responsible for moving conference guests from one location to another.
- Language Interpretation – translate spoken language orally or translate written words.